“EventU Green” Will Provide Real-Time Automation of Heating and Air Conditioning Controls
MEMPHIS – July 12, 2008 – ServiceU™ Corporation today announces a new level of integration with heating and cooling (HVAC) systems that will reduce churches’ energy usage up to 20% or more. Code-named “EventU Green”, this new service is an extension of EventU™, ServiceU’s flagship product and the leading online event management software for churches and other faith-based organizations since 1999.
Integration with HVAC controls is not a new concept for ServiceU. Since 2004, the company has worked with its customers to create customized interfaces to their existing HVAC control systems. “EventU Green” takes a quantum leap by providing real-time control of air conditioning and heating zones for an entire campus.
“We have the privilege of serving some of the most innovative churches in the world,” said Tim Whitehorn, ServiceU’s Chief Executive Officer. “Their suggestions led to the design of ‘EventU Green’ and will radically improve churches’ stewardship of energy usage and ministry dollars.”
ServiceU expects the initial release of “EventU Green” by the end of the third quarter of this year. In coming weeks, ServiceU will announce partnerships with leading providers of HVAC control systems for churches, as well as more details about this exciting new release.
• Reduction in energy consumption for heating and cooling of up to 20% or more
• More money to spend on ministry due to savings on utility costs
• Free up valuable labor time currently spent manually managing HVAC controls
• Higher “user satisfaction” since room temperature will be automatically controlled capabilities
• A single calendar system for managing events, rooms, resources, and HVAC
• Real-time control of all air conditioning and heating zones for an entire campus
• Changes to events automatically result in corresponding changes to HVAC controls
• High-availability architecture continues HVAC control even if internet is down
About ServiceU Corporation
ServiceU Corporation provides online event management software designed for organizations such as churches, nonprofits, schools, universities, festivals and theaters. ServiceU offers three core products that get people involved. EventU: event, resource, and facility management that utilizes calendar scheduling software. TransactU: online giving, secure donations and payments, and event registrations. TicketU: ticket sales, box office management, and theater software. Founded in 1997, ServiceU is a trusted provider of online event management software to the nonprofit market.