As people conduct more of their banking and business transactions online, many churches and organizations are offering online giving as a convenience to their members.
“These days, people are accustomed to being able to take care of financial business online,” says Christina Knight, treasurer for Central Church of the Nazarene, a church located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that began accepting online donations in February 2008. “Many people pay all their bills online. Some no longer carry a checkbook. We needed to make it easy for those people to give to the church.”
While the “convenience factor” is an important reason for offering online giving to your members, there are many other benefits that you may not have considered.
Five Additional Benefits of Online Giving with TransactU:
1. Increase Consistency: Unfortunately, everyone misses a Sunday or forgets their checkbook; however, not everyone remembers to make up their planned contribution the next week. By scheduling their gifts online, your donors are more likely to continue giving, even when they can’t make it on Sunday.
2. Give Donors Control: Give donors the ability to manage how often they give, how much they give and to which fund they give to….all from your organization’s website. Online givers simply go to their organization’s website, log into their account, and determine these settings. Their preferences can be changed at anytime.
3. Safety and Security: With TransactU, your member’s data is protected at the highest level. ServiceU is certified by Visa and MasterCard as a Level 1 Service Provider that is in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS). We are one of the few online payment and registration companies who meet these rigorous standards. We take care of all the details, worry and liability…so you don’t have to.
4. Save Time: TransactU offers extensive reporting that makes it possible for staff member to reconcile the deposits quickly and easily. Without such reporting, you could waste many hours trying to reconcile these transactions.
5. Receive Funds Directly: ServiceU helps you set up your own merchant account so that funds deposit directly into your bank account, and you receive funds right away. No more waiting for checks to clear.
These are just a few of the ways in which online giving could benefit your church or organization. Visit our website to learn more about the benefits of online giving and about how easy it is to get started. Or, give us a call at 1.866.709.7238