ServiceU is pleased to announce that on Monday, January 24, we will release numerous updates and enhancements to the Form Builder. This release will make it even easier for staff members of churches, schools, and other organizations to manage online event registrations, payments and donations as well as simplify event scheduling and facility management.
What is the Form Builder?
As the “backbone” of TransactU and EventU, the Form Builder enables an organization’s staff members to create customized event registration forms, donation forms, room set up forms and support service forms. The Form Builder is the unique and powerful tool that allows users to customize the forms to gather the information that they need.
“We are committed to evolving our products to better meet your needs,” says ServiceU President and CEO Tim Whitehorn. “All of the enhancements to the Form Builder are based on client feedback. We truly appreciate this input that has allowed us to make these enhancements that will make the Form Builder more efficient and much more intuitive. “
How is it improving?
While the basic process of building the form is the same, many of the steps have been improved to make the process easier, more efficient and much more intuitive.
Below are the highlights of the enhancements to the Form Builder. To learn more, please visit our detailed Form Builder Release page. Or, see the improved Form Builder in action by signing up for one of our webinars! Each webinar will walk you through the updates and show you how easy it is to use! And, our client services team members will be available to answer any questions you may have.
Here’s a look at the highlights of the enhancements to the Form Builder:
1. Draft Format
- As you create or edit a form, your changes will now be automatically saved in a draft format.
- Saving your information in a draft enables you to make edits without changing the live form.
- If you mistakenly leave the form builder without saving your form, don’t worry. Your draft will remain in the system with your edits so you may return at any time.
- Drafts remain in the system until they are deleted or the form is saved, and the live form does not change until the edits have been saved.
2. Live Preview feature
The “Live Preview” feature allows you to view your form as its being created by loading the preview in a separate window or tab. This allows you to monitor the form as you make your edits and test the questions on your form to ensure that all questions are working properly.
3. Enhanced Options for Adding and Editing Questions and Answers
It is now easier to create, edit and reorder questions and answers on your form. And, tThe detailed question and form history helps you quickly see when specific changes have been made to your form.
4. New and Enhanced Question Types
- The new Formatting question types enable you to insert text enhancements into your form without using HTML, including line breaks, horizontal lines, and headings.
- The new Phone Number question type will automatically format a user’s response into a standard phone number format.
- The new Agreement Question type requires users or patrons to agree to your terms and conditions before submitting their form.
- We’ve also enhanced a few of our current question types. Quantity, Currency, and Number fields can now be set up to only accept responses that fall within a specified numerical range.
5. Data Preservation
Your report data will now be even more protected. You will now be able to report on recently deleted questions and even restore previously deleted questions to your form.