A plethora of useful online tools are out there for pastors, but today we’re zeroing in on five of our favorites. Maybe you’ve heard of them, maybe you haven’t, but these five websites provide information that is supremely useful to the local pastor.
- Churchmetrics.com provides a report on what’s going on at your church. This web-based tool keeps track of church giving, attendance, decisions, and baptism. This free program was built by a church for churches.
- Youversion.com provides a downloadable Bible app for any computer or smartphone. So far the Bible app has been downloaded on more than 22 million mobile devices. Currently 113 versions and 41 translations are available.
- Pastors.com is a resource from Rick Warren. While most know him as the author of The Purpose Driven Life, Warren has had a passion for church planting since his seminary days in the 1970’s. As a pastor himself for close to 40 years, Warren has a heart for ministering to others in ministry. This website contains articles that range from the practical how to “raise the commitment level in your church” to topical “creative innovation in ministry.”
- ServiceU.com provides software that streamline aspects of ministry that can distract from keeping “the main thing the main thing.” With software that simplifies event planning, online giving, and ticketing, ServiceU is quickly rising to the top of the list of software that every church should be utilizing today.
- EdStetzer.com is a research blog funded by Lifeway Christian resources that explores theology, missiology, missional church, church planting, church revitilization, and innovation. Ed Stetzer brings a refreshing voice to the table of ministry. Every pastor should be utilizing this readily available, cutting-edge research.
What other online resources for pastors do you regularly use? What’s your favorite?