Here are some stats that will blow your mind about internet and online use:
Total Number of Internet Users in the World - 1,966,514,816
Total Number of Internet Users in North American - 266,224,500
Percent of North American Population Online - 77.4%
It’s amazing that so many churches continue to resist the online, digital revolution taking place. It’s as if the pastor or church doesn’t acknowledge it, then it’s not happening or not true. So many church leaders fall into the trap of thinking that if they don’t use the internet for these things, then the people in the pew don’t either.
Perhaps these 10 reasons to think “online” about events and giving will give you pause and entice you to think differently about how you leverage digital solutions to support the ministry of your church.
The people in your pews...
- Are already online.
- Most likely are more knowledgable and experienced online than you.
- Are already registering for other events online.
- Are already giving online to other nonprofit organizations.
- Want to sign up when its convenient for them.
- Want to give in ways that are part of their normal process.
- Won’t jump through unnecessary hoops.
- Expect electronic reminders so they don’t forget any details.
- Are prompted to give online even when presented with traditional offering envelopes and direct mail.
- Prefer to confirm details online without having to call the church office.
How would online giving and event registration make ministry “administration” easier for the people in the pews of your church?