What do the facility director, finance director, and ministry leader all have in common? Each person plays a critical role in managing church facilities for maximum ministry impact.
The facility director knows that managing facilities is more than turning on and off the lights and making sure the doors to the church are locked. The finance director wants to control utility costs. The ministry leader just knows he or she needs to use this room for that event.
At first glance you might think that none of these people are on the same page, but they are all part of the ministry equation that rarely gets talked about. It’s the day to day operations of the church building that ensure the facilities intended for God’s work can be used by God’s people.
But what do you do when...
- Utility costs are spiraling out of control?
- There are more events than your facility staff can reasonably manage?
- The details (day, time, and location) change?
The answer lies in creatively leveraging technology to solve each of these three ministry concerns. ServiceU’s climate control system is tied to a scheduling system that..
- Reduces utility costs (by 20 percent or more*)
- Provides a way to easily update event details should they change
- Removes the need for facility staff to be physically present for every on-campus event.
It’s more than just participating in a “green” solution; it’s the chance to reduce expense dollars and redirect that savings toward doing more ministry.
How is your church using technology to manage the costs of doing ministry so you have more to invest in ministry to others?
*Customer’s savings may vary.