Online event ticketing can be instrumental in expanding the outreach potential of your next on-campus event. We’re used to receiving tickets for community events, performing arts, workshops, and seminars. But when it comes to church and nonprofit events, we often overlook this critical detail. We, in turn, miss out on some of the benefits.
Without online even ticketing, you...
- Can’t offer participants the ability to choose their seating preferences.
- Can’t offer reserved seats or block out certain seating options for special guests.
- Can’t customize the look of the tickets to match your brand.
- Can’t allow participants to print their tickets immediately or pick up on location.
- Can’t secure payment at the same time the tickets are purchased.
- Can’t save your staff the time it takes to manage the ticketing process manually.
Online event ticketing offers some significant advantages to your organization. It’s simple to set up and can be managed from anywhere you have an internet connection. One final benefit that is often overlooked is the ease in which people who don’t attend your church or aren’t currently a member of your organization can choose to participate in your event. Wouldn’t it be great if every event we hosted resulted in new members?
How have you used tickets to manage your events? Is it a manual, time consuming process, or have you automated ticketing with software?